Training and Development
To tap into the untapped potential that is rich in unexplored rural resources, the promotion of agri-entrepreneurship is of paramount importance for the development of rural areas through intensive training and demonstration. There are very promising opportunities for entrepreneurial processes in areas like biopesticides, biofertilizers, vermicomposting, testing and amending soil, seed development, organic farming, etc. Despite a lack of awareness, a lack of entrepreneurial culture, poor infrastructural development, a lack of adequate institutional support, and government policy, there are many avenues open for entrepreneurship development. The major opportunities are in agricultural inputs, farming processes and technology, agriculture output processing, and other agriculture-allied sectors like dairy development, poultry, horticulture, sericulture, and so on. Sustainable value addition is happening through activities like diversification, value addition, precision farming, high–tech agriculture, global marketing, organic farming, etc. There is a huge scope for not only increasing the living standards of rural Kenya but also strengthening the national economy by making it globally competitive.
What we offer:
- Training and entrepreneurship development for farmers and rural youth
- Creating awareness of post-harvest management systems of vegetables and fruit crops for entrepreneurship development among rural youth
- Hands-on training on livestock, particularly animal health and reproductive management
- Training in fish breeding, fish seed raising, soil water testing, fish disease diagnostics, feed formulation, etc. is necessary for skill development.
- Textile-related training and handicrafts
- Training and capacity building of small and marginal farmers, SHGs, individuals, and other functionaries
- Training on mushroom production
- Training on vermicompost production